Believe it or not, good banana chips are highly in-demand overseas. So be patient in perfecting your cooking skills—you may be looking at exporting your products soon!
- 5 to 6 raw bananas
- Sugar (optional)
- Peel bananas and put them in salted iced water.
- Slice bananas into bite-size pieces and lay across a cloth for 10 minutes to remove all moisture.
- Heat up the oil in the fryer until smoke is rising.
- Fry banana slices in one-layer batches for a minute or two or until crisp.
- Lift chips out with slotted spoon and lay on paper towels to remove oil.
- If you want to make the sweetened kind, sprinkle sugar heavily on the cooked bananas and leave overnight in a covered container.
- Fry again the next day.