Saturday, April 28, 2012

Bed Sore Treatment

My mother has been bedridden for eight months and because of poor blood circulation, she developed mild bed sores. I've tried using Betadine, petroleum jelly and other topical ointment/creams but her sores were not getting better. I got really worried because I know bed sores can get worse very fast.

Then I remembered I have been using raw honey to treat wounds, cuts and even mild burns. I tried using raw honey on her bed sores and they dried up really fast! I am not sure if you can achieve the same result using processed honey. It also helped repositioning her frequently because good blood circulation is needed for a wound to heal faster.

Honey has no known side effects, plus it's cheap and really effective!

Related Topic:

Effectiveness of a honey dressing for healing pressure ulcers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too just used raw honey with same results.I also mixed some honey with betadine and felt this was also effective.

Is Your Career at Risk in the Age of AI?

The rise of AI is reshaping industries, and it's time to ask the tough question: Is your career future-proof or on shaky ground ? While...