For every business there is always the planning stage. Know the business fully well. Invest in trainings, buy books, and talk to people who know this industry better than you. Know your options and most especially do you have enough funds for this kind of business. If you think that you do then I don’t think that you can not succeed in this kind of business venture. There is a saying that there is money from wastes. This is so true. Empty glass or jars are categorized as trash and recycling glass is one profitable business venture you may to try to invest in. You can start by recycling glass bottles or jars.
Glass bottles are classified as non biodegradable so it will stay in its present condition for millions of years in the landfills. Instead of throwing them where it will just take so much space in our mother earth why not start a business that collects, clean and resell the glass bottles or jars. You can offer the cleansed recycle bottles to those who are making home made jams or you can also search the web for possible customers who are interested in purchasing recycled glass.
You may also consider doing glass aggregates. This is made from recycled glass. You need to invest in machines that produce glass aggregates. There are machines that can fit in to your empty space at home such as your garage or you may also want to invest in a bigger machine but you will enough space for this. Glass aggregates are being used in the making of concrete pavers, terrazzo floorings, tiles for countertops and the likes. This is a lucrative business as this is the latest in the construction industry nowadays. It also used in landscaping, for aquariums and fire pits. Indeed there is a big demand for recycled glass.
You may also want to branch out in making stained glasses out of recycled glass. Stained glass windows look very attractive. There are also several crafts that you can make out of stained glass like picture frames. Materials that you will need in making any crafts out of the recycled glass are glass cutter, emery paper, glass grinder, pliers, and paints. There are several other businesses you can come up with once you are well versed in the glass recycling business. For the meantime focused on just one and try to master it before jumping into another one.
- Over a ton of resources is saved for every ton of glass recycled -- 1,330 pounds of sand, 433 pounds of soda ash, 433 pounds of limestone, and 151 pounds of feldspar.
- Producing a ton of glass from 100% raw materials creates 384 pounds of mining waste. Using 50% recycled glass cuts this waste by about 75%.
- Recycling glass reduces air pollution by 14-20% and saves 25-32% more energy than making glass from virgin raw materials.
- Recycling one glass bottle saves enough electricity to light a 100-watt bulb for four hours.
- Glass containers were recycled at a rate of 38% in 1996.