Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Carrot Yema Balls

Last month, I attended one of my friend's birthday party. She knows most of us have a bit of a sweet tooth so she prepared something new this time. She usually just buys ice cream. She calls this carrot yema balls. I so love yema when I was still a kid. I know I should eat right but when my sweet tooth starts calling, I can't seem to ignore it ;) So I asked for her recipe and here it is:

Ingredients

1 cup carrots, boiled and mashed
1 301 ml condensed milk
6 pieces egg yolks
1/4 cup macapuno in syrup
1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
2 tbsp butter or margarine
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tbsp chopped peanuts
1 cup white sugar

Procedure
  1. In a pan, combine all ingredients except the white sugar.
  2. Cook mixture over low heat while stirring until thick enough to hold its shape. Cool.
  3. Form 2 tsp of mixture into balls and roll in sugar. Wrap in colored paper or cellophane.
Yum! yum!

**I just found out she got this recipe from nestle website lol!

7 comments:

utotmopink said...

post some picture sis.. let's see how yummy this recipe could be.. ^^

Golden said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing this recipe with us.

Golden said...

Sis, I've a question. Where can I find macapuno in syrup? Thanks! So sorry, I'm a newbie when it comes to cooking. ^_^

it's me tey! said...

I'll try this recipe sis! Wala bang sample? =)

lilywhite said...

Thanks for your comments mga sis! Don't worry, I'll post some pictures next time :) Naubos kasi kaagad eh.

Sis golden, my friend used preserved macapuno.

realmofadreamer said...

I'd love to try your recipe, I just don't have the time now. But thanks for sharing this... I'll try it once my shedule permits :)

lilywhite said...

hi realmofadreamer,

thanks for your comment sis :) I think this will just take 30 minutes to prepare, so come on, indulge lol!

Introducing the All-new Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+

The Samsung GALAXY S8 (5.8") and S8+ (6.2") is offered on Lazada thru pre-order only from April 17 to April 29, 2017. It comes w...