Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ways to donate for typhoon Ondoy victims

Our countrymen affected by typhoon Ondoy needs all the help they can get, so let's do what we can to help them in our own little ways.

If we cant physically help them, we can still donate via Philippine National Red Cross.


For Smart users:
Type RED<space>AMOUNT to 4483. We can send the following amounts: 10, 25, 50, 100. P2.50/msg.

For Globe users:
Type RED
<space>AMOUNT to 2899. We can send the following amounts: 5, 25, 50, 100, and 300. P1/message.

text DONATE<space>AMOUNT<space>4-digit M-PIN<space>REDCROSS to 2882.


Monetary Donations


Please send cash or check donations to the PNRC National Headquarters in Manila. Checks should be made payable to The Philippine National Red Cross. They can also arrange for donation pick-up.

Account Name: The Phil. Nat’l. Red Cross

Port Area Branch
Peso Acct.: 151-3-041-63122-8
Dollar Acct.: 151-2-151-00218-2
Type of Acct. : SAVINGS
Swift Code: MBTC PH MM


Port Area Branch
Peso Acct.: 4991-0010-99
Type of Account: CURRENT

UN Branch
Dollar Acct.: 8114-0030-94
Type of Account: SAVINGS
Swift Code: BOPI PH MM

For your donations to be properly acknowledged, please fax the bank transaction slip at nos. +63.2.527.0575 or +63.2.404.0979 with your name, address and contact number.

Credit Card
Please fax the following info to +632.404.09.79 and +632.527.0575:

Name of card member, billing address, contact nos. (phone & mobile), credit card no., expiration date, CCV2/ CVC2 (last three digits at the back of the credit card), billing address, amount to be donated.

In-Kind Donations

Please send in-kind local donations to The Philippine National Red Cross – National Headquarters in Manila. Theycould also arrange for donation pick-up.

  1. Send a letter of intent to donate to the PNRC
  2. A letter of acceptance from PNRC shall be sent back to the donor
  3. Immediately after shipping the goods, please send the (a) original Deed of Donation, (b) copy of packing list and (c) original Airway Bill for air shipments or Bill of Lading for sea shipments to The Philippine National Red Cross–National Headquarters c/o Secretary General Corazon Alma de Leon, Bonifacio Drive, Port Area, Manila 2803, Philippines.
The PNRC does not accept rotten, damaged, expired or decayed goods. Though the PNRC appreciates your generosity, they also discourages donations of old clothes as they have more than enough to go around.

For online donations you may also visit their website at

Friday, September 4, 2009

Business Permit

Here is a list of government agencies that a start-up business needs to register with:

Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
  • This is where you register if your enterprise is a single proprietorship. The agency will issue a certificate of registration of business name.
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
  • If your enterprise is a partnership or a corporation, this is where you will register. It will issue a certificate of registration.
Cooperative Development Authority (CDA)
  • If your set-up is a cooperative, register with this body. The agency will issue the certificate of registration.
Local Government Unit (LGU)
  • You register with the municipality or city where you will set up your business. This office will issue the business permit/Mayor's permit plus the business tin plate.
Barangay Hall
  • You register with the specific barangay in the municipality or city where you will operate your business. This office will issue the barangay clearance and barangay business permit.
Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
  • You register your business with this office and apply for your business’s taxpayer identification number (TIN), registration of books of accounts, receipts/invoice and the like.
Social Security System (SSS)
  • You register your business as an employer/self-employed, and your workers as employees. This office will issue an SSS number for your business, for yourself, as well as for your workers.
Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)
  • If you employ more than five workers, register your business with this agency. The DOLE is asked to promote gainful employment opportunities, protect workers and promote their welfare, develop human resources, and maintain industrial peace.
Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF)
  • RA 7742 requires all SSS members earning at least P4,000 a month to register with this agency. HDMF administers the Pag-Ibig Fund.
Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth)
  • The New National Health Insurance Act (RA 7875) as amended by RA 9241 requires all employers of the government and private sectors and their employees to register with this agency. PhilHealth manages and administers the government health care system.

Introducing the All-new Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+

The Samsung GALAXY S8 (5.8") and S8+ (6.2") is offered on Lazada thru pre-order only from April 17 to April 29, 2017. It comes w...