Friday, September 4, 2009

Business Permit

Here is a list of government agencies that a start-up business needs to register with:

Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
  • This is where you register if your enterprise is a single proprietorship. The agency will issue a certificate of registration of business name.
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
  • If your enterprise is a partnership or a corporation, this is where you will register. It will issue a certificate of registration.
Cooperative Development Authority (CDA)
  • If your set-up is a cooperative, register with this body. The agency will issue the certificate of registration.
Local Government Unit (LGU)
  • You register with the municipality or city where you will set up your business. This office will issue the business permit/Mayor's permit plus the business tin plate.
Barangay Hall
  • You register with the specific barangay in the municipality or city where you will operate your business. This office will issue the barangay clearance and barangay business permit.
Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
  • You register your business with this office and apply for your business’s taxpayer identification number (TIN), registration of books of accounts, receipts/invoice and the like.
Social Security System (SSS)
  • You register your business as an employer/self-employed, and your workers as employees. This office will issue an SSS number for your business, for yourself, as well as for your workers.
Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)
  • If you employ more than five workers, register your business with this agency. The DOLE is asked to promote gainful employment opportunities, protect workers and promote their welfare, develop human resources, and maintain industrial peace.
Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF)
  • RA 7742 requires all SSS members earning at least P4,000 a month to register with this agency. HDMF administers the Pag-Ibig Fund.
Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth)
  • The New National Health Insurance Act (RA 7875) as amended by RA 9241 requires all employers of the government and private sectors and their employees to register with this agency. PhilHealth manages and administers the government health care system.

No comments:

Introducing the All-new Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+

The Samsung GALAXY S8 (5.8") and S8+ (6.2") is offered on Lazada thru pre-order only from April 17 to April 29, 2017. It comes w...